Writers Alliance of Gainesville
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Our 2019 Contest Prize Winners:
Note that all our decisions were made blind; we didn't know whose work we were reading until we made accept/decline decisions. Thus we were surprised and delighted to see the worldwide scatter of contributors who will be in Bacopa Literary Review 2019, representing Australia, Canada, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Nigeria, Tunesia, U.K., and from coast to coast of the U.S.
- First Prize: “The Calligrapher,” Avra Margariti
- Honorable Mention: “Inheritance,” B.W. Jackson
- First Prize: “From One Field to Another,” Hugh E. Suggs
- Honorable Mention: “The Madonna of Main Street,” Erica Verrillo
- First Prize: “A Brindle Bull, After Kuòān Shīyuǎn,” Jeff Streeby
- Honorable Mention: “Photograph of a Very Young Boy,” CB Follett
- First Prize: “Shēngxiào / 生肖,” Michael Dylan Welch
- Honorable Mention: “old oak tree,” Ed Bremson
- First Prize: “When the saints come among us,” Raphael Kosek
- Honorable Mention: “Red Elegy,” Miranda Sun
Bacopa Literary Review Editorial Staff:
- Mary Bast: Fiction/Senior Editor
- Susie H. Baxter: Creative Nonfiction Editor
- Kaye Linden: Haiku/Mixed Genre Editor
- J.N. Fishhawk: Poetry Editor
Bacopa Literary Review is published by Writers Alliance of Gainesville (WAG). To join WAG, click here ($36 membership includes copy of most recent Bacopa Literary Review).